Here we go.

30 September 2010

Pretty Baby!

I could never be an album or show reviewer -- because, frankly, I will either love it or hate it, there's no in-between. Too, it's hard for me to find the words to properly express or explain myself, especially when it comes to music. Also, who cares, amirite? People like what they like.

That said, last night's show was one of the best I've been to in a long time. I absolutely adored Blood Feathers & the Parting Gifts, but Ty Segall rules them all. It was so hard for me to conceal my bliss and ecstasy.

I have a terrible crush on the entire ensemble. SOLID
:
Photobucket
What was my favorite part? You might guess it was when they covered Black Sabbath's Paranoid, but the answer is: ALL
Photobucket
See what I mean? What else more is there to say? That seeing a good band live puts me in a terrific disposition? That I wished I knew how to play guitar like that? That I've never seen anyone employ the Big Muff guitar pedal so properly? Just...go see them.

Shoplift opened. I haven't seen Wes Broadstone in over a year! Big hugs there:
Photobucket
Wesley's drumkit w/ Victor Whitney Wiley & Morrissey. Some things, thankfully, don't change.
Photobucket

Night before last, I was in a circle of friends who all have Arkansas tattoos. We were all proudly showing them off to each other. I think Alan Disaster has the very best one though:
Photobucket
Yesterday, judge sat me down to discuss my tattoo. He thinks I should keep it as is. He said, "...no little star to show where Little Rock is, or Ft. Smith. No tiny Razorback to indicate Fayetteville. No rivers, no train tracks..." I mean, I completely agree, but HA HA! I love that old man.


For supper, we tried Nick Castleberry's get up @ WWT. Holy shit! You want to go to there! We got the grilled cheese sandwiches; ATM got ham & a fried egg added. Hot damn, it was delicious. Homemade bread, quality cheese and butter, some kind of honey/fruit preserve all grilled to perfection. On the side, there was a pickle slice, a wedge of orange & the best damn vegan pasta salad I've had. His presentation comes in a wax paper-lined basket, but do not be fooled. This is some quality "bar food", if you want to even call it that. We will be returning. The menu changes from week to week, so...I don't know how you would even keep up with that. But, I bet there'll be something you'll like.
Photobucket

So, the ride home from WWT was dreamy. Just me & my baby, windows down, me hugging my new record, ears buzzing, stinking of WWT & really needing to pee. This is the life!


2 comments:

kmhd said...

T Y S E G A L L is my current guitar hero.

Alannah said...

Judge's comments - HAHAHA!

Reminds me of the time I visited a friend in Austin. She had a rockabilly band play at her party and I got wasted and yelled, "Can you play a song that's NOT about the traintracks or guns or your old lady?" me = not always so classy.

I'm going to need one of those sandwiches w/ a fried egg right now.

Blog Archive